Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Head Design Engineering, Hydrogen Division (m/f/d)
The FEST Group deals with complex topics of industrial and international plant engineering – such as hydrogen electrolysis and its applications – in its three business units Process Automation, IT, and Energy Technology. The FEST Group is part of Schmidt Kranz & Co. GmbH, a family company with a long-standing tradition run by the fourth generation of owners. Schmidt is a successful holding with numerous subsidiaries. Within the group of companies, we offer holistic solutions for the production, storage and utilization of hydrogen from renewable energies.
- Disciplinary and technical management of the design department for process plants in the hydrogen sector. Leading a team consisting of engineers and technical designers (currently 7 employees).
- Overall responsibility for the professional 3D design and all derived drawings (assembly drawings, installation plans, foundation drawings, etc.).
- Organising and delegating the work packages to the employees. Further expansion of the team to over 10 employees in the coming months.
- Developing and establishing robust workflows/processes within the design department, but also across the interfaces, from process engineering to purchasing and production.
- Contribute to technical challenges in 3D design (complex assemblies of process engineering plant construction).
- Interface to process engineering, understanding of the electrolysis process, regular contact with P&IDs.
- Interface to purchasing, regular handling of ERP system
- Interface with manufacturing, especially with regard to the manufacturability and continuous improvement of the electrolysers
- Successfully completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering or a related subject area
- Several years of experience as a manager in a similar area in plant construction
- Several years of professional experience in the design of process plants, machines, plants or special machines, accordingly experienced handling of a common 3D-CAD system
- Good knowledge of technical plant design, especially pressure vessels and piping systems
- Confident handling of piping and instrument flow diagrams
- Familiarity with standards and directives (especially the Machinery Directive and the Pressure Equipment Directive)
- High level of interest in the procedural processes of a hydrogen production plant
- Knowledge of safety-related analyses (HAZOP/HAZID) desirable
- Experience in the field of SIL, FMEA and explosion protection desirable
- Experience in the field of documentation of pressure equipment desirable
- Strong communication skills, commitment, technical affinity and sense of responsibility round off your profile
What we offer:
- Interesting and exciting tasks and projects in an established company environment
- Independent, autonomous scope of duties in an innovative team
- Short decision-making paths and open communication in a family-run corporate culture
- Full-time job with 38.5 hours/week, trust-based working hours
- 30 vacation days
- A permanent employment contract and fair, performance-based remuneration
- Additional benefits such as pension allowance contributions, capital-forming benefits, “company bike”, and meal allowance
If you are enthusiastic about learning new things and getting exciting tasks done, are looking for a challenging environment with short decision-making paths where you will be challenged and encouraged, and would like to put your passion to work for FEST GmbH, we look forward to receiving your application.
If so, please send us your complete application documents, stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date, preferably by e-mail (email@example.com) as a PDF file, or by snail mail:
FEST GmbH | Personalwesen (HR) | Harzburger Str. 14 | 38642 Goslar
More information at:
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel. +49 5321 687-0